Maricopa County mtg report

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
09 Jul 2002 09:11:06 -0700

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 04:14, der.hans wrote:
> Am 09. Jul, 2002 schwätzte der.hans so:
>
> > This is meant to be a factual report as well as I can relate it. I'm trying
> > to avoid any personal coloring of what was said. There are likely to be

---
Seems pretty clear that the only way to debar Microsoft / derail the
train that they are running is to stop them at procurement. This would
absolutely have to be adversarial.

I have dealt with governmental agencies before like this. They are warm
and welcoming but they have to be because they are working for us...the
citizens.

They only understand two things...they like the way things are going
because it means that they don't have to re-think their current system
and the recognize that they ultimately have to respect the law. Thus a
legal challenge against any more Microsoft purchases/licensing would
have to be mounted to ultimately have any effect. Are there any
attorney's on this list who could handle it?

Craig