Forums

Fri, 5 Jul 2002 01:19:33 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. Jul, 2002 schwätzte John (EBo) David so:

> I vehemently oppose java enabled web interfaces to just about anything.
> Oh sure it is nice to offload much of the processing from the server to
> the users computer, but I still do not trust it...  Sure I may trust you
> guys, but I've had problems by turning java* on when I *had to*, then
> forgetting that java and cookies were turned on went a-browsing...  No,
> I keep it turned off as a rule and do not do business with companies
> which require it to be turned on (companies that give you a choice are
> another matter).

Create another user and use sudo to start a browser as that user that allows
cookies. I have two sites that require cookies. One is the PLUG mailing list
management interface. Those are handled as the other user.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.hans