Palladium : The cure for Independence

Tim Shapiro plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:52:37 -0700

<P><BR>Ok why don't we try something new...... *Lets just say in the end* (keep in mind this is a gigantic IF) if Bill Gates overcomes unix and gets a way to legally monopolize everything. Ok why not get used to the idea now. At least be bi-lingual so to speak. Know windows and unix. That is what I am trying to do. This way your on the winning side no matter what. So what if its illegal to reverse engineering. WHO CARES! It's like piracy. Unless you are a buisness the CIA or FBI is not going to bust in your door and take you off to a fed prison.</P></DIV>
<DIV>Tim Shapiro </DIV>Phoenix, Arizona
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Phone: 623-825-0515
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Email: <A href="mailto:TimShapiro@hotmail.com">TimShapiro@hotmail.com</A>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "der.hans" <PLUGD@LUFTHANS.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: Palladium : The cure for Independence
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:14:05 -0700 (MST)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Am 04. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Tim Shapiro so:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Interesting point, but however hackers will prevail in the end. This is
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; why, they don't follow the rules like Microsoft does. Even if Microsoft
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Microsoft follows the rules? That would explain why they keep ending up
<DIV></DIV>&gt;being charged of anti-trust activities and why they 'embrace and extend'
<DIV></DIV>&gt;everything...
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; makes their own rules it takes them a while to do it. Hackers can just do
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; it. Once cracked software is out there not to check for the Certification
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;We have limited resources and abilities to reverse engineer stuff. Also it
<DIV></DIV>&gt;was announced today that 2600 will not appeal their case. That means you can
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and will go to jail for reverse engineering.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; then it will be more widley used than the actual software. Sure buisness
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; will have to buy registered versions, even some un-intelligable
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; consumers. So who cares if a buisness money goes to microsoft? I don't
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; care you know why? It never was my money and never will be. Let microsoft
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;It *is* your money. You pay the taxes that support them. You pay more for
<DIV></DIV>&gt;products because the companies you buy from have to pay the Microsoft tax.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If it's not your money you live on a commune that uses no currency :).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Microsoft is now using that money and their position to extract more of your
<DIV></DIV>&gt;money from the economy.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; take the internet, the software cracks are already there and will be
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; forever.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Not if the unfair, illegal, anti-competitive practices are allowed to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;continue.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you get upset if you feel a referee is making calls to throw a game
<DIV></DIV>&gt;against the team you're rooting for? Most people seem to get extremely upset
<DIV></DIV>&gt;at something like that. I would think that your fundamental freedoms are
<DIV></DIV>&gt;more important than the outcome of a sporting event.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ciao,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;der.hans
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--
<DIV></DIV>&gt;# https://www.LuftHans.com/
<DIV></DIV>&gt;# I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation. ;-)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;# -- Kevin Buettner
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;See http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml if your mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to write mail.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;