antagonistic behavior

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:20:58 -0700

Bob George wrote:

> "George Toft" <george@georgetoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe $1600 falls under "Small Claims" and is heard before
> > a judge.  No jury, no lawyers.  If the plaintiff wins, he
> > gets a judgement for the amount plus all costs.  Collecting
> > on that judgement is another story altogether.
>
> I also believe (though IANAL) that THREATENING but not actually suing opens
> one up to litigation as well. Now the two should be well and truly locked in
> mortal combat. The lawyers are laughing I'm sure.

I had not known that tidbit...

> I still don't see why we can't be civil about it and hold a duel to the
> death. Having given it more thought, I think having combatants bludgeon each
> other with 5.25 inch drives would be more appropriate (and cheaper). I think
> after expenses, and an open-source funeral (or two?), we might still have
> some funds left over to donate to a suitable open source effort. I bet
> attendance would be up at THAT meeting.

As to defimation and dueling..  I would say let's give Nigal a chance to
prove his abilities.  Can he deliver?  Knowing that is important in a
small comunity like ours.  Based on posts here, etc., I may refer work
to the various parties involved.  If I do that I like to know thier real
abilities (not the hype) because somethimes it is not enough to hedge
one's words like: "I have not worked with him, but I understand that XYZ
has done this sort of thing before and you can reach him at..."

> If nothing else, it moves the issue well and truly off list.

not so sure...  I think it would be the topic of conversation for YEARS
TO COME!  ;-)

> - Bob
>  (Wondering if The Deer Hunter is out on DVD)

and the remake The Bug Hunter ;-)

  EBo --