OT: recommended home network installer

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:44:14 -0700

Our new house came (mostly) pre-wired with cat-5 and cable going to most
rooms.  I say "mostly", though, because the cat-5 was never connected into
any switch in the OnQ section and one room never got any wiring at all.
Since that room happens to be my main computer room, it's the one room that
really needs it.

So what I need is some outfit that can come out and do the following:
1. Install two net cat-5 wires (one each for network and phone) into an
existing room.
2. Setup my OnQ box to have all rooms be networked

I know I could go with the company that installed the system in the first
place... but I wasn't very impressed when I talked to them and their prices
seemed a bit high.  I was hoping that others on this list would have had
some work like this done on their house and would have recommendations on
good local companies.
--
Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org