Dot.Bombs AZ Style

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:46:07 -0700 (MST)

Daniel Wolstenholme said:
> I have to take exception to DevelopOnline having been a
> significant GNU/Linux user.  I interviewed for a position with

Did you read my post?  Perhaps I should highlight it for you...

"I know both companies used GNU/Linux to __varying extents__ and both
companies had people involved in PLUG to __some degree__."

I guess I'm not sure how you can readily substitute 'varying extents' and
'some degree' to mean "significant user".  I think that as David has
posted they used quite a bit of GNU/Linux.

> bit of Linux.  Even on their website was a huge banner
> proclaiming their dedication to .NET.  The only Linux work they

Well Microsoft is a Microsoft shop and Hotmail will have more than a fair
shake of ads for windows technology.  That doesnt mean that hotmail uses
the technology it advertises. ;)  Be careful to separate marketing from
truth.

> I tried posting this before with my previous plug-discuss
> account and was unsubscribed by someone, so apparently some PLUG
> moderator has some ties to this company.  What's wrong, did I
> piss you off by pointing out how crappy your company was?

I dont think the moderators are of that style.  I know several people have
complained about being auto unsubscribed for varying reasons.  I would be
genuine taken aback if someone other than the computer unsubscribed you.

To make it clear I have no affliations or ties with DevelopOnline nor
Opnix, I just wanted to let people know that some local companies that
have interacted with PLUG were in the news.  Unfortunately, not for good
reasons.

My condolensces go out to anyone whom had their employment affected by
either of these events.  As we all know the market is pretty slim right
now.

-Derek