two way mirroring or syncing?

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:46:20 -0700

On Thursday 19 December 2002 09:47 am, der.hans wrote:
> Am 17. Dec, 2002 schw=E4tzte Kurt Granroth so:
> > Does anybody know of a tool that will keep two directories totally in
> > sync but not in real-time?  Basically, I want to have two directories=
 /A
> > and /B that every time they are synced (maybe once an hour), they wil=
l be
> > identical.  Changes can happen on either /A or /B.
>
> Look at unison. I also see a package called tra which claims to have
> advantage over unison if you end up with a third box in the mix.

Very cool.  That's exactly what I was looking for!

Since they aren't the most obvious hits on google, here are links to thei=
r=20
homepages for future use:

Unison: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
Tra: http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~rsc/tra/
--=20
Kurt Granroth | Software Engineer | Ticketmaster
8181 S. 48th St., Suite 100 | Phoenix, AZ 85044
phone: 602.414.1632
email: kurt.granroth@ticketmaster.com