Linux for small business

Terence Chang plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks David:

WOW. That seems to me a lot of installation work. Does
linux has GHOST(Image) type of program, so I can
install one machine and make a images copy of the
disk, and then copy to every machines. Currently, all
the desktop pcs in my friend's office are the same.

My friend is running some accounting software
"PeachTree" on each machines, which is hard to get rid
off. I was thinking to write an similar program in PHP
with MySQL, but it might take forever to finish. :-)

The NFS sounds like UNIX type of terms. Right? I also
thought that "Evolution" are not free for commercial
use. Since my friend already pay for the desktop PC
and all of the licenses. Using win95/98 to connect to
Linux server will be the best bet.

Thank you all! You guys rock!

By the way, I am a Oracle DBA(on Solaris), MSSQL DBA,
ColdFusion type of person. I am just getting into
Linux and open source world. I will be happy to help
anyone who has Database and ColdFusion questions (off
line) :-).

Thanks again!

Terence Chang

=====