Would you pay for commercial software for Linux?

Nancy Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:39:08 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Digital Wokan" <wokan@home.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: Would you pay for commercial software for Linux?

> I bought Q3 for Linux, but thanks to a lack of S3 Savage4 drivers that
> play nice, I ended up downloading the Winderz point release to actually
> be able to get more than 1FPS.

Its not Linux's fault here nor the developers of Linux,

Its S3's fault i see the same with the ATi Cards radion etc etc

they dont release thier cards specs nor do they write drivers for linux

Its specifically the hardware vendor's fault.

For 3d stuff you wont go wrong with Nvidia ( Its a shame other h/ware
vendors dont do the same ).

Nige