linux box troubles

Jeff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:52:17 -0700

I use slackware 8 with an AMD K6 II as a firewall/misc server and haven't had that problem..

Is it a default slack install with the 2.2.19 kernel?

I updated mine to 2.4.14 yesterday going through the IP MASQ howto from the IP masq resource site and it got rid of several misc errors I was getting.

You may want to do this just for shits.

What eth card do you have?  what driver is it using? what does ifconfig tell you? Are you on COX using DHCP?

Sounds like a card problem to me....  but need more details.

let me get this straight, after it acts up, you can still telnet into it but not ping?