Why Linux will win and Micro$oft will lose

Leonard, Robert B Mr EACH plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:56:43 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C16A6D.41F1CDF0

I was a conslutant at Motorola's Flat Panel, before it became a tax write
off.  It was KevinO and I that started using linux at that facility,
starting with programs that made management make firework sounds, "oooooh"
"ahhhhh" with flashing bright lights.  Namely some network monitoring apps,
that left openview in the dust.  It's the only group i regret not leaving
consulting and joining full time.

I could care less about the MS/Linux battles, I like using linux, and i hate
to see skewed stories/statistics when the OS speaks for itself.

The only thing that amazon has in common with opensource companies is that
it loses money too.  The fact that thier using linux vs. proprietary Unix's
is a insanely cool, but don't infer that it's at M$ expense, let the OS
stand on it's merits and not on misleading statements.

Leave the BS to the professional BS'rs

"The reason that you see open source there at all is because we came in and
said there should be a platform that's identical with millions and millions
of machines, and the BIOS of that should be open to everybody to use, and
all the extensibility should be there."  Bill at last MS shareholder
meeting.