regarding wiredglobal

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:48:34 -0700

I did call Eric to ask if my story was correct and I did have it a little
wrong.  He called with a linux problem and they told him that it was going
in their database that he used linux, and that they couldn't help him
because it was a non-supported OS.  He asked what would happen if he
switched over to windows and called back, and was told that they still
wouldn't be able to help him, because he was listed at using linux in their
database.
    Sooo anyway, the story is a bit different that what I remembered, but
its stil pretty much the same result.

My biggest problem with cox has been the morons that are in charge or doing
the connects and disconnects in my area.  Everytime that someone gets a
change of service that feeds out of that same junction box as mine, they
dissconnect my cable or put a trap on my line, or both.  It's gotten so
annoying that often I just go out and fix it myself (It's happened about 7
or 8 times now in the last year), since they are also so incompetent that
they never lock the box either.
Brian Cluff