OT: Contracting companies

Steve plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:57:17 -0700

I was treated very fair by Metro Is.  I was hired out of Sacramento, CA
and they paid for most of my relocation expences.  When the Blood
letting happened to most of the contractor force at AMEX in May, I was
put on the bench and recieved my entire pay for 4 weeks (in additon to
the 2 weeks in arrears, for a total of 6 weeks pay).  Since then,  They
have been keeping in touch, although they have not had any luck in
placing me.  They still allow me to use there training services (CBT's
and online).

Metro has just announced that they have been aquired by Keen.  We had a
meeting last night that put all of us in beter spirits.  Keen appears to
be very compatible with Metro, but then, time will tell.

Tek Systems is one to stay away from.  they really do treat you like a
number and have all sorts of problems.  (I have seen pay disputes,
broken contracts, etc)  although they do supply donuts every payday  :)

Steve Phariss