Language Translator for linux?

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
21 Aug 2001 13:17:12 -0700

> Lucky you! :) Where in .de are you going? Y4?

I'm going Lorch.  A friend of mine lives there.
I don't have any real reasons.  None that I want to express on here
anyway!! ha ha
Maybe in person, but I don't want to say something and affend anyone so
I won't speak.  But I am Irish by birth, and always have wanted to go to
Ireland, England, and Germany, so now is my chance.
Other than that, there is no real reason, I don't want to be here. :-)

> Before I moved to .de I was able to attend Stammtisch for 3 weeks and went
> to a couple of parties. I learned more German in those 3 weeks than I had in
> several semesters at the uni. It's definitely worth it. My German actually
> improved after two years in .de when I got home due to Stammtisch.
>
> BTW, show up tonight as well. You'll get to meet myself and Bill Lindley. We
> both frequent the deutscher Stammtisch. In fact, that's how I got to know
> the bar owner and why I started the Linux Stammtisch there :).
>
> ciao,

I plan on comming tonight..  I've been busy burning live slackware cds
so I can give them out tonight to anyone who wants them..  The fully
bootable linux system, with gnome, and all the modules for everything.
Since we seem to have been on this topic.

I also burned several slack 8 cds to bring, and many debian 2.2r3 cds to
bring to hadn out,  but someone at work saw my stash and took several
for themselves and friends, so my debians are all gone, but one, and I
still have a few slacks left.

I've never been to a group meeting like this, so I am curious to see
what will happen..!
I do have a question though, since it is a bar, and not some meeting
hall, would it be unwise to bring my laptop?  Other than the potential
theft hazard of course.  I mean, will others be bringing laptops?  i'm
assuming yes because I thought I read a reference to dsl there?  But
maybe that was somewhere else!

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you and everyone else.  I'll be the
guy in the chicken suit.

nathan