Network Engineer

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:00:21 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Aug, 2001 schwäzte Matt Alexander so:

> But you do make an interesting point.  I think that those of us in this
> industry have been WAY overpaid for quite a few years now.  As the carnage
> from the dot-com bubble settles, I'm guessing that salaries will shrink
> back down to a more reasonable level.

I don't think we've been overpaid. I certainly haven't been :). There are
exceptions, of course, but I think non-consultant jobs in .az.us haven't had
exaggerated pay scales. Certainly nothing like what sales-doobies get.

What I did see, however, was massively unqualified people in tech jobs. The
jobs were paid correctly, it's just the person in the seat didn't qualify
for it. There also weren't ( and still aren't ) enough entry-level
positions.

ciao,

der.hans
--