Mail trouble

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:04:23 -0700 (MST)

Am 31. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Rick Rosinski so:

> Thanks alot for the HOWTO on telnetting.  I would have been lost without
> this.  Any tips on a good telnet program (never used telnet before)

The client should be a base program. telnet <host> <port>. Leave the last
out if you want the default port.

Don't install telnetd. It's evil. It should be banned. The problem with
telnet is that everything's unencrypted, including your passwd. ssh is much
better. One could pop over ssl, but earthlink specifically doesn't provide
that service :(.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.