Database holy war

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:54:23 -0700

> Still no stored procedures but I have to say I'm liking the new version
> a *lot*

Yeah, but thats not a show stopper... just a little inconvenient.

You can actually write stored procedures, but currently it requires that you
compile your procedures into the database.  Kinda lame, but I would bet
there will be a version out very soon that will no longer require that.

There are some packages that you can add to mysql that adds stored
procedures.

This one add a language called lua that you can write your procedures in
http://www.fastflow.it/mylua/

This one looks more like a proxy you run your queries through and it does
procedure like things to your database.
http://dlabs.4t2.com/pro/dexter/dexter-info.html

Brian Cluff