Storm Linux Install Problems

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:05:25 -0700

\_ distro I used, imo) It sometimes would hang at syslogd startup (about 5 min)
\_ then would finally continue, it was only after I moved and have a different
\_ network setup that it started doing that.. or if I didn't have my network
\_ cable
\_ plugged in to the nic it would hang for a long time, so my GUESS would be
\_ network settings or connectivity.  Hope this helps!

I've run into this, and it's a network misconfig of some sort.  Try a
network reconfigure and restart and that should take care of it.

sendmail and httpd are also likely to stall out with bad network
config.

David