Problems with gs, apsfilter, and Canon bjc6000

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:16:31 -0700

> > They cant all be Apple LaserWriters... (I owned two of those, used...
> > I wish I hadnt let my last one slip from my posession when it had
> > cartridge problems and I moved here from CA. Most versatille Laser
> > Printer ever made. Somehow, even Micro$oft was convinced to write
> > drivers for them! Slower than snot, but real workhorses, and easy to
> > connect .. RS232 baby!)

> I could use some help with that.  When I tried, I got the printer light
> to blink for a while but nothing ever came out.  It does print a test
> print on powerup.

Try changing the settings on the DIP switches (I belive.. its been a
while) to allow the printer to function as a standard line printer,
using the built in fonts. This is a good way to resolve serial port
problems without the complicated overhead of PostScript and the
problems it also can bring... also, check the serial port speed
settings, I believe you may be limited to 9600bps when not using
AppleTalk.

--
jkenner@mindspring.com    __
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|