setserial/setrocked to ste SPD_* flags is deprecated...

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:32:06 -0700

Whenever I start pppd, the following message is sent to stderr:

Use of setserial/setrocket to set SPD_* flags is deprecated

This started when I upgraded to a series 2.2 kernel. Thing is, I did
upgrade my pppd as described in the kernel documentation. I dont have
the old pppd anywhere in my $PATH or anything either. The only other
program involved is apparently chat, which doesnt seem to even know if
its being called with a modem as IO or a TTY, so I doubt its setting
speed flags anywhere.

Upgrading /bin/setserial didnt help either.

Also, whats "setrocket"?

This would make more sense if I could think of a reason WHY anyone
would even want to deprecate setserial! If no one knows, I'll try
reading the kernel source itself (Documentation directory didnt offer
me any hints when I grep'd thru it)...