SpeedChoice broadband

Art Wagner awagner@uswest.net
Fri, 12 May 2000 16:28:03 -0700

Emmanuel Gravel wrote:

> Since SpeedChoice is now SprintBroadband, price has
> gone down but browsing through their FAQ, it appears
> that they've made the system so only Windows and Mac
> boxen can connect to the system. Does anyone have any
> experiences connecting Linux or other OS'es to their
> system? If so, how's it done? I'm considering them
> since Cox doesn't have any service in Glendale, and
> ADSL isn't available in my area (fibre lines). Their
> FAQ is very sparse on info about the way to connect
> to their service...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emmanuel

Emmanuel;
I just spoke to a Sprint rep (Karen at
1-888-996-0001 Tucson)
   who gave me the following information.
1. Residential cost per month for 5Mbits download
/ 512Kbits upload
   1 static IP, 6 mailboxes, 5 MegaByte Webpage
space
   $39.95 /month
2. One time charge for Modem $99.00 with a 3com
10baseT Nic
   and a 2 year contract. $199.00 with year
contract
3. They do not support Linux and want a Winbloze
Machine
   To Install on. Karen said they can install the
Antenna and
   not install their Winbloze software if you ask
for this proceedure
   when you order the service.They do not care if
you then hook up a Linux
   System but will NOT provide support on the
Linux OS
4. They are currently installing about 2 1/2 weeks
after receipt of order
5. Much more info online at;
http://www.sprintbroadband.com/
Art Wagner