rsh problems

Joel Hanger jhanger@uswest.net
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:45:32 -0700

Hello,
    I'm having a few problems... I'm setting up just a small beowulf
cluster, just to test something... but it requires that I have rsh
working... the problem is this:  I had rsh disabled before because I've
been using strictly ssh.  Now that I've enabled rsh, it doesn't let
anyone other than root use it.   It gives me this error:

[20:44:26][joel@dhanger joel]$ rsh joel
rcmd: socket: Permission denied

but if I use root, it works, but of course without allowing me to login,
but change the user I'm logging in as. Does anyone know how/where
I could change the permissions or even why it won't let me know but
would before?  Thanks in advance.

Joel