adding new hard drive

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 02:39:39 GMT

Just to add a little more to it,  You will want to
plan where you want the space to go.  If you want a
large /home directory you can partition the entire
new drive, mount it to somehting like /mount/tmp then
copy everything in /home onto it.  then you can delete
everything in the reall /home and remout /mount/tmp to
/home.  depending on your distribution you will want to
split the drive up into space as required for diffrent
portions of your install.  /var/should always have a little
breathing room, /home is nice to have a lot of space on,
/usr/local is nice to have a LOT of space if you compile
and install your own packages or packages that dont come
with your distribution.  other than the where should it go
question preaty much follow the directions below.

Bill Warner