test

jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 21:28:04 -0700

The Speedchoice modem is also not quite capable of handling
ARP on aliased IP requests so things like:

eth0
eth0:0
eth0:1

will cause it to get confused in its ARP table and no longer
route to random aliased address.

I had to put mine on a timer that would shut it off
for 1 minute every 6 hours to keep my 4 IP addresses working.

I worked with their techs directly for 2 weeks and none of us
could figure out why it did that.

Trust me, we tried everything possible.

It seems like on Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 08:49:20PM -0700, John Kloian III scribbled:
Orig Msg> The tech at Speedchoice is absolutely right, this has nothing to do with a
Orig Msg> windows mentality.  The modem when it is "rebooted" re-trains itself with
Orig Msg> the network.  Sometime the link get;s shitty when it loses and regains a
Orig Msg> sync with the network; a simple unplug for 30 seconds and a replug clears
Orig Msg> this up, in some cases.  this is a first step in diagnosing the problem.
Orig Msg> Secondly they will often ask you to unplug the power to the amp and then
Orig Msg> replug, similar to the modem reboot.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Again, this has nothing to do with windows metality, it is a technological
Orig Msg> fact that this solves the problem sometimes.
Orig Msg>

Jean Francois Sends...
President & CEO MagusNet, Inc.
MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
CTO EBIZ Enterprises, Inc.
TheLinuxStore.com, TheLinuxLab.com, LinuxWired.net
480-778-1120 - Office
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular