Phoenix DSL HOW-TO?

Jay jay@kinetic.org
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:05:49 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, D. Taylor wrote:

> provide DSL service?  200 individual xDSL lines?  Multiple
> T1s?  An OC-3?

xDSL services are provisioned over ATM circuits. Thus, the ISP orders an
ATM circuit from the telco and each xDSL connection is a PVC (ie. a
'channel') on the big ATM pipe.

However, the best way to go about doing it is to contact the ISP
directly. If you get your own DSL line installed, and don't specify an
ISP, US West will give you their ISP. Then, you'll likely have a transfer
fee to get to the ISP of your choice.

Also, going directly with US West will only get you (R)ADSL. If you're
looking for SDSL and/or (R)ADSL, then going directly to the ISP will also
be much more effective.

The ISP should be able to handle provisioning your local loop and
everything.

~Jay