clustering

eeep@alienzoo.com eeep@alienzoo.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:13:56 -0700 (MST)

Well,
It depends on the cluster, is it a high performance cluster or a
beowulf? or a database cluster? if its running a unix flavor and a
database or something scientific then 100mb is fine, if its running
winblows i wouldnt even bother, but its said that windows uses
fibre "cause it needs to" it all depends ;)

Quoting Joel Dudley <joel@silverw.com>:

Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:01:50 -0700
Subject: clustering

I am thinking about a clustering solution here at work and I have
somequestions about hardware.  Is 100Mbit Cat5 sufficient for cluster
communication or do I need to go to fibre channel to really see some
benefits.  Anyone have experience with this?  I am ignorant on the
matter.  Thanks.

- joel

----- End of quoted message -----

Alien rocket scientist

    Get free email and alien enlightenment from
             http://www.alienzoo.com