Intel DSL Modem

Tom Snell gracchus@inficad.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:12:41 -0700

As the other poster said, the 2100 is not supported in Linux.  You'll
need the external Cisco 675, which, though more expensive, gives you far
more functionality (i.e., the 675 is a full-blown router, giving you the
capability to put your home network behind it, with network address
translation (masquerading) and some other goodies, if you don't happen
to have an extra box for firewalling).  If you are planning to get
Megabit for yourself, you might ask them about trading in the 2100 for
the 675; I think they give you a reasonable discount on the difference,
and you'd be getting a far better piece of equipment to boot.

Tom