Version control and issue management solutions?

Michael Wittman wittman@cs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:01:14 -0800

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 02:34:48PM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I took a look at WinCVS at thier website as pointed out in the
> CVS-RCS-HOWTO.  Looks like it could be a solution with a GUI interface to
> CVS in both Linux and Windows.  Has anyone of you out there used it?

I haven't used it myself, but the project I was working on in graduate
school used CVS and the main student developer did his development
on Windows using WinCVS.  He seemed to be reasonably happy with it,
and it worked well with our cross-platform development.  Our project
consisted of 3-8 students working on the same codebase, with two working
exclusively on Windows, one on Linux and the rest on IRIX.  CVS worked
very well for us, and I recommend it.

-Mike Wittman