Cron Errors

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:51:51 -0700

I understand the teergrube now...I followed the link.

I also know that it took 1:18 & 1:17 to send jlf 2 very short e-mails (I
checked the logs...6 hours was an exageration). It wasn't however a 30
second wait.

I even understand how it 'legally' discourages spam and I suppose that I'm
glad that jlf is so adament about employing the method. It seems to me that
the cure is as bad as the problem...but hey, it's my choice not to employ it
I guess.

I see hacking as a far more serious problem and I know now that these
distro's are lobbing up softballs for hackers to use your computer as a
place to park their tools and hack at other computers if they can't find
stuff of value on your network.

I can only imagine how bad the insanely great stuff that eminates from
Redmond is getting whacked by 'crackers' - I see how many probes are being
sent for Netbios responses. I see why we are talking about setting up
laptops with linux - awesome portable security checker / network
troubleshooter.

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445