FW: [azipa] The correct box for Linux

Trent Shipley tshipley@symbio-tech.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:29:51 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin McGinn [mailto:virtcom@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2000 7:45 AM
To: azipa@listbot.com
Subject: [azipa] The correct box for Linux

AZIPA Discussion List - http://www.azipa.org

As a consultant I have had little opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of
the Linux OS since all of my clients are still Unix based. Don't get me
wrong, UNIX is a great OS, but I know where the industry is heading.

I am going to buy a box for my home and install Linux and an Apache server
to teach myself the ins and outs of the Linux OS and the operation of a web
server.

My question is, does anybody have recommendations as to what would be a
reasonable choice for a box in which to install Linux? I am looking for the
biggest bang for the buck since I am on a tight budget. My first thought was
a Gateway, but I thought I would pose this question to this group to elicit
feed back. If you have information that you are willing to provide please
respond off-line.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Kevin McGinn
virtcom@hotmail.com