[PLUG-Devel] Summer Linux Classes at Mesa Community College

Digant digantdesai at gmail.com
Sat May 21 11:34:37 MST 2011

Who can take this ? What is the fee and how far it is from ASU, tempe campus
.

On May 21, 2011 11:12 AM, "Dennis Kibbe" <dennisk at mesacc.edu> wrote:

This summer Mesa Community College offers two Linux classes. Here's your
chance to stay out of the heat and improve your Linux skills at the same
time!

CIS238DL - GNU/Linux System Administration (Section 21472, Summer I,
05/31/2011- 06/23/2011)

Managing Linux Operating Systems including sophisticated manipulation of
file structures, backup systems, printing processes, troubleshooting, user
account management, hard disk maintenance and configuration, process
monitoring and prioritizing, kernel customization, and system resource
control. Preparation for industry certifications such as the SAIR/GNU LCP
and LCA certificates, CompTIA's Linux+, RHCT, RHCE, and LPIC.
Prerequisites:  CIS126DL or, permission of Instructor.

CIS126DL - Introduction to GNU/Linux (Section 12448, Summer II, 07/11/2011-
08/04/2011)

Introduction to the Linux Operating system. Develop knowledge and skills
required to install, configure and troubleshoot a Linux-based workstation
including basic network functions. Learn basic command line and Graphical
User Interface (GUI) desktop environment utilities and applications.
Fundamental abilities to achieve the entry-level industry certification
covered. Prerequisites: None.

Each class lasts four weeks and meets four nights a week from 6:00pm to
9:40pm Monday to Thursday.

Please contact me off the list for help registering for these classes. If
you have basic Linux skills I can waive the prerequisite for CIS238DL.

Dennis Kibbe
Adjunct Faculty
Mesa Community College