[PLUG-Devel] Summer Linux Classes at Mesa Community College

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at mesacc.edu
Sat May 21 11:12:18 MST 2011

This summer Mesa Community College offers two Linux classes. Here's your chance to stay out of the heat and improve your Linux skills at the same time!

CIS238DL - GNU/Linux System Administration (Section 21472, Summer I, 05/31/2011 - 06/23/2011 )

Managing Linux Operating Systems including sophisticated manipulation of file structures, backup systems, printing processes, troubleshooting, user account management, hard disk maintenance and configuration, process monitoring and prioritizing, kernel customization, and system resource control. Preparation for industry certifications such as the SAIR/GNU LCP and LCA certificates, CompTIA's Linux+, RHCT, RHCE, and LPIC. Prerequisites: CIS126DL or, permission of Instructor.

CIS126DL - Introduction to GNU/Linux (Section 12448, Summer II, 07/11/2011 - 08/04/2011 )

Introduction to the Linux Operating system. Develop knowledge and skills required to install, configure and troubleshoot a Linux-based workstation including basic network functions. Learn basic command line and Graphical User Interface (GUI) desktop environment utilities and applications. Fundamental abilities to achieve the entry-level industry certification covered. Prerequisites: None.

Each class lasts four weeks and meets four nights a week from 6:00pm to 9:40pm Monday to Thursday.

Please contact me off the list for help registering for these classes. If you have basic Linux skills I can waive the prerequisite for CIS238DL.

Dennis Kibbe
Adjunct Faculty
Mesa Community College