[PLUG-Devel] surprising results in Google Analytics

Jeff Johnson jeff at dcsoftware.com
Fri Mar 12 08:48:48 MST 2010

Jared Anderson wrote:
> At my work, there is definitely not a Linux/technology slant.  Here's a
> sample of one week's traffic on our busiest site:
>
> IE: 118,289 (69.25%)
> FF: 26,316 (15.41%)
> Safari: 20,086 (11.76%)
> Chrome: 5,064 (2.96%)
>
> Windows: 146,449 (85.73%)
> Mac: 22,247 (13.02%)
> Android: 655 (0.38%)
> iPhone: 551 (0.32%)
> Linux: 298 (0.17%)
>
> IE is definitely loosing market share, but Windows is holding strong.

I log into several large company intranets.  I exclusively use FireFox
but am forced to use IE to access their networks.  There is also an
application that my customers use that can only be accessed using IE.

I can access the sites but I will get a message that says I have to use
IE.  So it will count my FF access in the stats even though I could not
enter the site.

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson