[PLUG-Devel] ruby on rails

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 14:52:43 MST 2007

Hi,

    There was a Ruby on Rails article in my RSS feeds this morning. I ended up on the RoR site and checking out a couple screencasts (http://www.rubyonrails.org/screencasts). I have to say I was very impressed with the flickr integration example. Is it pretty common to be
as productive or is that just a really slick example?

    Anyone using RoR for a serious real word app? How is performance using with a DB like MySql/whatever? What do people use for editing/IDE RoR?
Eclipse? I've played with Eclipse/Ruby, but not really sure I understand what is different about Rails.

    I've played with Ruby and Watir for unit testing some of my ASP.Net work; and liked Ruby despite my aversion to interpreted languages.

Thanks
-j