[PLUG-Devel] OT: Job opening for Electrical Engineer

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Oct 25 15:14:14 MST 2006

My employer has informed me of a job opening for a Senior Electrical
Engineer.  This is a hardware design position, full time with benefits.

I have cherry-picked some of the points of the job description in the text
below.  For full details, email me off-list and I'll send you the complete
and official position description.

Alan

The Senior Electrical Engineer will hold a key position in the product
design team. The contributions of this individual will make a major impact
on the business success of the Company by helping define the features,
reliability, density, and cost of Adtron storage products. This position
reports to the Electronics Engineering Manager.

Major responsibilities and duties:
· Specify, design, and support the complete product life cycle for Adtron
storage devices.
· Research and select the best components for use in new designs.
· Use schematic capture and simulation tools to implement state-of-the-art
digital designs.
· Implement high-speed designs utilizing controlled impedance &
termination techniques.
· Define initial component placements, PCB stack-ups, and identify
critical signals.
· Plan, design and implement large FPGA designs using Xilinx tools.

Position Requirements and Preferred Knowledge:
· BS in Electrical Engineering. An advanced degree is a plus.
· Eight or more years of industry design and development experience.