The project

plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Feb 24 09:53:02 2005

ASULUG (Linux Users Group of Arizona State University) does two big install
fests a year, our next one is 4/23/05, although I am still trying to get
funding together, find a location, reserve the equipment, etc., etc.

The last one we did had well over a hundred people, a two DDR's on big
screens, a great MAME box done up arcade style, and another one with full
arcade controls but on a big screen, movies, food, giveaways / raffles, and of
course ample installs.

I am hoping for one that is even bigger this year but it is becoming a lot to
juggle, and I need a better info manager to coordinate everythingamongst other
things ;)

And while I have some event planning experience, some benefactor like
experience, a health amount of JAVA, a great deal of database experience, and
a degree in computer info sys (which is supposed to tech the business side of
IT and project management) I simply do not have much time, so I would LOVE to
HELP, but I can not step up as a member of the core team

Mind you I would also really like to see something that could be used for
fundraising events as well, since that is where most of the event planning
market is, and requires some specialized considerations, and this may detract
(or add) to the core of the project.