inventory: user story

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Apr 7 23:38:02 2005

moin, moin,

for the InstallFests we need to be able to track physical resources, e.g.
networking switches, power cables, spare pci cards, duct tape, name tags,
to be used preparing for and during the InstallFest.

We need to be able to track:
. what the desired quantity of the resource is
. who is providing some quantity ( more, less, or equal to the amt needed
)
. a running total of the quantity thus far spoken for
. a running total of the quantity thus far actually received
. when the items will be delivered
. who will be receiving the items
. how the items are going to be returned
. who is responsible for returning them
. where the items will be stored before, during and after the InstallFest
. how to contact those donating
. whether or not those donating have been reminded that they're donating
. administrative interface and read-only viewable interface

It would also be good to track:
. required quantity vs. desired quantity
. descriptions
. notes per resource and per donated bunch
. information about those donating, those receiving and those returning
. auto-reminders for those donating
. views/reports of subsets of the data
. assignment of responsibility for acquiring certain resources to specific
people, e.g. one person makes sure we have enough networking, another
makes sure we have enough spare keyboards
. highlight somehow items not available in sufficient quantities
. alert reminders that something is in short supply
. autogeneration of a thank you page/email ( needs to respect those who
want to not be listed in such a thank you )

Resources such as volunteers, presenters and skillsets actually fit in the
same place, to some extent.

Hmm, guess that's more of a User Novella than User Story, but it's all
relevant :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  veni, vidi, wiki - I came, I saw, I documented