Perl config module?

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Nov 19 14:22:02 2004

Am 18. Nov, 2004 schw=E4tzte Austin Godber so:

> Config::Tiny has looked easy to me in the past and I had considered
> using it but never did:
> http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Config-Tiny-2.00/lib/Config/Tiny.pm
>
> Then I think I decided to try XML::Simple:
> http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-Simple-2.13/lib/XML/Simple.pm

Hadn't looked at this. I'll research it for future projects.

> THen I think I forgot to write whatever it was I was going to write so I
> have never used any of these.

I used ConfigReader::Simple, which works fine, but isn't quite what I
want.

I am switching to Config::Simple, which still isn't quite what I want, but
I like that it's also meant for writing config files.

Appconfig looks better, actually, but there seemed to be something
annoying ( don't remember what ) and I decided I liked the intent of being
able to also write config changes to disk from within the app ( even
though I won't be using that for my current project ).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
#  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen