Meeting location change status

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Mar 9 12:17:02 2004

At the last Devel meeting, we announced that Adtron will probably be
moving.  This move, if it happens, will probably take place in June.  The
new location MAY not have a room suitable for the Linux group to meet,
according to one manager I asked.  So, we announced that the Devel
meetings may need to find a new location by June.

My boss, Director of Engineering, went over the proposed new floor plan
with us this morning.  Kevin asked if the Linux Group would be meeting at
the new location.  I said probably not, to which my boss expressed
surprise.  He thinks we can still meat at the new location.  The floor
plan shows a fairly direct and easy route from the front door to the large
break room, with restrooms very close by.

So, I will try to firm up a "yes" or "no" for meetings to be held at the
new Adtron location.  And I will firm up the availablility of a network
connection for our use in the room.  Others are certainly free to suggest
and pursue other locations, such as UAT.

BTW, the new Adtron location is targeted for a new building in the "Cotton
Center" office park.  This is located between 40th and 48th streets, south
of Broadway.  It is, I would guess, about 2 miles south and slightly east
of our current location.

Alan