Meeting this Thursday

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Aug 31 22:11:02 2004

Am 31. Aug, 2004 schw=E4tzte Alan Dayley so:

> In the mean time, I am requesting someone to volunteer as a backup
> presenter in case the original plans are not possible.  It can be any
> topic as long it has to do with "development" on Linux.  Can we have
> someone step forward?

I can do a short presentation on a couple of templates I created. One is
for shell scripts and the other for Perl. They essentially are just bare
bones command line argument parsing and help functions, but they really
make it easy for me to turn a quick script into a 'real' program :).

One guess as to which platform I use them on ;-).

> BTW, I have recieved permission to adjust the network at Adtron to allow
> guest access to the internet.  I will be setting it up tonight.  The end
> result will be a live network jack in our meeting room.  The group will
> have to provide a switch or hub and any other infrastructure on the
> meeting side of the jack.  So, at this point, plan on bringing what is
> needed to get you connected to the net during the meeting.  Use this list
> to coordinate equipment, if you want.

I will bring a couple of switches, but doubt I'll have time to sort out
any ethernet cables. I do not have a wireless node to bring.

Dunno about power strips either.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
#  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen