IMP help needed..

Craig White plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jan 23 12:43:02 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 11:45, Eric Robbins wrote:
> Greetings, I was directed here by anthony to ask a question about
> customizing IMP.
>
> Here is my problem:
> IMP, is built in a frameset.  The login.php3 passes variables through
> authentication to mailbox.php3, which is in the same frame area as
> login.php3 (which contains textboxes $imapuser and $password for
> authentication).  Based on the user actions, it triggers a flag to menu.php3
> to set up the menu pertinent to the logged users status but no variables are
> passed to menu.php3 from login.php3.
>
> When a user logs in to IMP I need to pass the username($imapuser) to the
> menu.php3/(menu.inc) so I can construct a link in the menu based on the
> username.
> example: dostuff.php3?imapuser=<?php echo($imapuserid)?>
>
> I am connecting to another system's db through http on a different network
> with dostuff.php3 as my bridge. The key to opening up databases on the
> outside system is my $imapuser on my IMP.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions to passing a variable in a textbox from
> login.php3 (imapuser) so that it is distributed to menu.php3.  Thank you for
> your time.
>
> Eric Robbins
----
I will leave the specific question for others to answer.

I can tell you that depending upon the version of IMP/Horde you are
using, there may already be a patch for frames. Ati Ghaffar (spelling)
did a bunch of work on that for IMP 3.0 and possibly 3.1

I suppose that someone would know at the imp mail list (www.horde.org>

craig