IMP help needed..

Eric Robbins plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jan 23 11:45:03 2003

Greetings, I was directed here by anthony to ask a question about
customizing IMP.

Here is my problem:
IMP, is built in a frameset.  The login.php3 passes variables through
authentication to mailbox.php3, which is in the same frame area as
login.php3 (which contains textboxes $imapuser and $password for
authentication).  Based on the user actions, it triggers a flag to menu.php3
to set up the menu pertinent to the logged users status but no variables are
passed to menu.php3 from login.php3.

When a user logs in to IMP I need to pass the username($imapuser) to the
menu.php3/(menu.inc) so I can construct a link in the menu based on the
username.
example: dostuff.php3?imapuser=<?php echo($imapuserid)?>

I am connecting to another system's db through http on a different network
with dostuff.php3 as my bridge. The key to opening up databases on the
outside system is my $imapuser on my IMP.

Does anyone have any suggestions to passing a variable in a textbox from
login.php3 (imapuser) so that it is distributed to menu.php3.  Thank you for
your time.

Eric Robbins