Possible topics list

Deepak Saxena plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Dec 4 11:25:03 2003

On Dec 04 2003, at 06:32, Alan Dayley was caught saying:

> I plan to publish this list as changes are made by adding suggestions or after
> topics are presented.  I think this will help keep us thinking about topics
> and keep me on my toes to arrange for them.
>
> Please add or comment at will.
>
> - - X11 programming
> - - Secure programming
> - - Design patterns
> - - Eclipse (see eclipse.org)
> - - A hackfest where everyone that can brings notebooks and programming
> challenges or contributions are made to project(s)
> - - Panel discussion on . . .

- Driver development (I've given this one before, but probably not a bad
  idea every two years or so since we get new folks)
- Specific driver development. For example, how to write a network,
  block device, etc driver.
- Porting Linux to new CPUs
- Cool embedded projects
- Managing your own distribution (is this a devel or regular topic...?)

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena@plexity.net