HowTo: Meeting at the Library

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Sep 11 22:41:02 2001

I made the suggestion at the last devel meeting that we might be able to use
at the Burton Barr Main Phoenix Public Library as an alternate meeting
location.  Since I made the suggestion, I got to find out how to do it.

Room to accomodate up to 25
Cost:        $10 per hour
Reservation: At least a day in advance, first come first served.  A room use
             contract must be signed in advance.
Facilities:  Room and chairs.  Some rooms may have a marker board.
Food:        Food and drinks (non-alcoholic) are permitted but you must
             provide your own food service and if there is food served, a $25
             non-refundable cleaning fee will be assessed.
Hours:       Rooms can be used any time during regular library hours.  They
             close most days at 9:00pm.
Contact:     Library Administration Office 602.262.6157

They do have small sudy rooms for up to 4 people that are no charge on a
first come first served reservation basis.  They also have much larger rooms
but I did not inquire about them since I don't see us going above 25 people
on a regular basis, though that may change.

Bottom line, it costs money to have a meeting there so we probably won't use
them for regular meetings.  But, in a pinch, a small group could use the
study rooms or we could meet "quietly" in an open area somewhere.

Alan