Hitachi H8 uClinux port...project

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Sep 11 15:38:01 2001

I've been working on a new project to port the uClinux kernel to the
Hitachi H8S embedded microprocessor.  This is a 100% completely open
source port.  Anyone interested in participating should contact me for a
board.  Naturally, anyone with uClinux and/or embedded system
development experience is encouraged to participate in this exciting
project.

All project participants get a free H8-uClinux project participant
t-shirt (currently being designed) and an H8S-2148 microprocessor board.

See: http://www.azpower.com/H8_uClinux/ for more details, but note that
this site is just getting started and no porting activity has yet begun.

We have need for a number of pieces including a variety of device
drivers and applications for this platform.

Also, we (Arizona Cooperative Power) do have a few "contract" positions
for strong C programmers with strong Linux experience.  These are
"work-at-home" kinds of positions where you choose your own hours and
work based on a flat rate payment schedule for the particular work
needing done.  All source code *must* be GPLd.  All source will
eventually live on a sourceforge repository (in development).

If you're interested in doing cool embedded Linux work, let me know in
private email.  Also, if you're looking for work in an exciting
Linux-based telecommuting role, send me your resume with confidence.

Take Care.

Rob!