cross-platform c++ classes?

Carl Parrish plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon May 21 11:31:01 2001

>Actually, there are a lot of reasons for it, primarily because of drawing
>and rendering custom graphics, etc. - the documentation for GSD speaks in
>two ways, one in terms of X and another in terms of Windows. By having a
>platform-specific subset I would be able to implement those
>platform-specific aspects separately.

But do you need these aspects? I guess now I'm asking more in a general
way than for your actual implementation. Why would you use windows or X
specific code when you are going though all the trouble to make is XP?
Why not use V or QT or XPFE???? You know to feed the dream of write once
run anywhere. Yeah I know it doesn't really happen in real life but
wouldn't your time be better servered helping to make the dream come
true then writing platform-specific code??