cross-platform c++ classes?

Lucas Vogel plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon May 21 10:32:01 2001

Let me re-ask this question....

There exists a somewhat obscure library called the GSD library. It contains
hundreds of obscure API calls and is very difficult to understand. What I
want to do is create a library of classes that will make the use and abuse
of the GSD library much easier to understand and to use.

Because the GSD library is multiplatform, I want to create a set of "core
classes" that are platform-neutral that will compile on the three supported
platforms - Linux, Windows and SGI. This set of classes would handle the
interfacing to the GSD library and do assorted things. From there I am also
going to build a platform-specific subset of objects from those original
classes - that way I still have a platform-neutral codebase that anyone
could use in general, with a specific implementation that I need for what
I'm doing-which, in this case, would be a windows/COM implementation of the
core.

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for the help! :)

Lucas