SDCC any good?

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Jun 8 18:48:01 2001

Have any of you used the SDCC (Small Device C Compiler)
[sdcc.sourceforge.net]?  I have a personal project in mind that would use an
8051 based microprocessor.  So far this is the only open source compiler for
8051 that I have found.  And the only one that uses Linux as a development
platform, open or not.

Alternatively, I could use a PIC from Microchip but I have not found a
compiler for it.  The SDCC is to be ported to target the PIC family but
according to the web site it is not there yet.  Anyone know of any compilers
for the PIC family?

Alan