telnet and $LINES

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:24:32 -0700

On Sep 28,  5:57pm, der.hans wrote:

> It's going the opposite direction of what I want. I don't need to actually
> change the term size, I need to get the far side of the connection to
> either realize I'm not really on a terminal or to think that my term size
> is bigger than it really is.

Have you thought about creating a PTY on the near side of the
connection?  Once you have a PTY, you should be able to change this
sort of thing with the TIOCSWINSZ ioctl.  (I've even written some
Perl code to do this in the past - both creating PTYs as well as setting
the size.  Let me know if you'd like to have a look.)

Kevin