Is this list alive

Ken Bowley ken@sqs-ff.com
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:33:46 -0700 (MST)

On 03-Feb-2000 der.hans wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Stephen Smith wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen anything on this list and am wondering if it is alive.
>
> This list is alive. I expect it to not get much traffic. The idea is to
> have a place where us novices can ask the experts questions about how to
> develop stuff, whether that be coding questions, design questions, etc.

Dumb question, but I figure I might as well ask.  Is there any limit to the
type of developement related questions that should be asked here?  Or is
everything from shell scripting to assembly open for discussion here?

> We want to keep the noise down so we can keep the experts subscribed and
> get them to read the questions :).

Does that mean that we get to privately flame every person that writes a "this
is just a test, please ignore" message to this list?

> I should start coding again next week. At that point I'm certain to have
> questions ;-).

I've got some more coding to do on a full screen editor for MBSE. (an old style
BBS system for Linux)  The author doesn't know much about coding editors, and
neither do I, but I need something to write messages with besides a simple line
editor.  :)